It’s been a couple of weeks since I brought this blog back to life and I figured it would be worth explaining exactly what I mean by the “healthy inspiration” in this site’s tagline.
If you had stumbled across this blog a few years ago* then you could be forgiven in thinking I only cared about the physical side of health, which is actually very far from the truth. That is part of the reason I’ve started writing again, to change the content of my little bit of internet from fitness bore to a better, more well rounded, view of what I actually think.
Yes, I think healthy bodies are important, but no more so than healthy minds (no less so either).
So what does that look like?
- To make physical exercise a welcome and enjoyed part of daily life.
- To desire and enjoy a diet made up predominantly of real foods.**
- To be able to recognise real foods and prepare a variety of meals made from them.
- To have an open mind, accept and listen to ideas different from your own.
- To take life and the challenges in it no more seriously than is strictly necessary.
- To treat others that share this world with decency and respect.
- To know that fueling your body with good food is important but not worth obsessing about. A life without occasional pizza and cake is a sad one.
- Most importantly, to laugh a lot.
* A quick review of my visitor stats suggests this is highly unlikely but I thought I’d mention it anyway.
** Basically just plants and animals.